1. Your friends ask what you’re doing this weekend. You think, Hmm, let me check my schedule.
2. You figure you’d better just say “nothing” instead of telling the truth.
3. They invite you out and say, “Just be confident.”
4. You find out you’re going someplace you’ve never been before. You panic.
5. You do your research to steady your nerves.
6. The night of, you get a wave of self-confidence. You’re amazing. You can totally do this.
7. You get to the bar and all of your friends disappear.
8. Luckily, you find a friend to cling to and you feel you can make it through the night.
9. But then it happens. You didn’t mean to but you’ve done it now…
10. …You’ve joined a group and realize you have nothing to contribute.
11. They ask you a question and you have no idea how to answer.
12. You find a break in the conversation and try to sneak in. It doesn’t go well.
13. So you just smile and zone out.
16. Should you just bow out?
17. After what feels like a lifetime, your friends decide it’s time to go.
18. Pat yourself on the back – you survived!